DNA Principal Forensics:
- Forensic science CONSULTANCY, DNA specialist
- Independent CASE REVIEWS of forensic evidence for prosecution & defence in criminal & civil cases
- LECTURES & TRAINING for forensic scientists & others in the Criminal Justice System & university students
- Evaluating DNA evidence & in Case Assessment & Interpretation
- Advice & guidance on DNA INTERPRETATION, Case Assessment & Interpretation
Please note that I do not have DNA laboratory facilities and cannot carry out DNA analysis, although I may be able to suggest accredited companies who can assist if required.
I have been a forensic scientist since 1987, working since 2012 as an independent consultant with my company DNA Principal Forensics.
- Providing forensic reviews & giving evidence at Court
Other recent projects include:
- Working with NRGD on standards for reporting activity level evaluation for DNA
- EU project in Croatia on Disaster Victim Identification
- Royal Society of Chemistry Scientist in residence at Reading University (Chemistry for all program)
- Expert witness training for Leicester University PhD students on Intrepid program
Previous Forensic Experience
I worked at the Forensic Science Service from 1987-2011; initially as a DNA researcher, then as a court going scientist introducing new DNA techniques, in the Interpretation Group on the Case Assessment & Interpretation project and then as the Principal Scientist for DNA interpretation.
- Research & development of DNA techniques
- Carrying out DNA analysis & presenting expert evidence in courts in the UK and abroad, in New Zealand, Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Belgium & Albania
- Validation, audit and quality investigations
- Published many papers in peer reviewed journals & presented findings at national & international conferences
- Specialist training & development for DNA & other evidence types for scientists within the FSS & other forensic organisations across Europe, for members of the Criminal Justice System including senior police officers, lawyers & judges